Is it almost Thanksgiving already? We’ve broken out our boots, layered up pre-FHIX and as always, stayed up to date on the latest FHITness news and events. Read on for our 10 favorite FHIT moments from the month. #liveFHIT
1. Heard about that postFHIX “afterburn effect”, but unsure what all the benefits are? SELF Magazine has all the deets.
2. If you’ve eaten the same lunch over and over again and are looking to get out of your lunch rut, this guide from Goop has all the lunch inspiration you need.
3. We see a lot of chic/cool/techy workout gear come through our studios, but one brand that has really wowed us this year is Lululemon with their Lululemon Lab. Previously available only to us lucky New Yorkers, the brand recently put a select capsule collection online for purchase.
4. The Chalkboard Mag took the toast trend to a whole new level with this one - breadless toast! We know it sounds shameful, but before you jump to conclusions check out these 6 versions of eggplant toast we can’t get over.
5. Remember that lunch rut we mentioned earlier? We know the same conundrum can strike at any meal of the day. Luckily, Well + Good rounded up a list of 14 healthy NYC restaurants you need to try, consider this your little black book for eating out this fall.
6. We hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it turns out that no matter how much you eat, certain things may still trigger your hunger. Read this depressing study from NY Magazine’s The Cut here.
7. Our muscles are strong, but our minds are even stronger! Check out this article from U.S. News to learn how the expectations you set for a workout can affect you.
8. Get FHIT for life! Studies show that brain function in adults aged 55-86 improved with exercise. Turns out those bicep curls are strengthening way more than just your arms!
9. It’s no secret that we live in our sneakers. We work in them, we work out in them, we run errands in them. But not all kicks are created equal! Check out The Coveteur’s list of classic sneakers you need to own to find a pair to rock when you’re not swinging, skiing, rowing or snatching.