Your privacy is important to us. This policy explains how we use your data and how we protect your privacy when you use our website and contact us by phone and email, as well as explaining our use of CCTV. As our services develop we will continue to update and review this policy to comply with both the law and customer feedback.
What is personal data?
Personal data is data related to a living individual who can be identified from that data. This can also include special categories of personal data (personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, and genetic data, biometric data, health data and data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation) and personal data relating to criminal convictions and offenses.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Please see below for the name and location of the Fhitting Room entity responsible and the appropriate contact information:
The Fhitting Room Holding Company LLC
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Credit card information
- Emergency contact information
Users may, however, visit our site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, but this may prevent them from engaging in certain website related activities.
We may also collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users’ means of connection to our website, such as the operating system and the internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Where we do collect your personal data, this information is required for us to validate who you are, to deal with your queries effectively and to ensure that we can monitor usage of our sites as you sign up for classes.
If you register to attend one of our classes, we will also collect information relating to your health status and any physical impairments that may impact how you can use our services. This is to ensure that we take your health record into account and can enable you to consider whether it is safe for you to attend our classes.
Contacting us by telephone and email
Contacting us by telephone
We do not record telephone conversations or calls that you make to us. During calls, we may however collect the following information:
- Contact details
- Your Fhitting Room account email address
- Payment information
We process this information because it is necessary for the performance of our transaction with you, and to enable us to deliver services to you which you have requested and/or resolve any queries that you might raise when you call.
Contacting us by email
Our email correspondence may be kept as a record of your contact with us, and to enable us to respond to any queries that you may have.
CCTV is installed at some of our sites, to monitor building security and assist in crime prevention and detection.
We operate our CCTV in accordance with the guidance issued by the local data protection authority. Fhitting Room collects this data as part of its role as a service provider to you, and to ensure the health and safety of our staff and visitors to our sites.
We will not hold images for longer than necessary and will dispose of them securely.
How and why we use your information
We collect and process personal information about visitors to our website, clients, customers and users of/visitors to our sites. We do this in order to deliver services to you, deliver merchandise to you when you make a purchase, process payments that you make to Fhitting Room and learn how to offer you a better product.
We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes, all of which is for our legitimate interest of delivering services and products to you:
- To improve customer service – Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support your needs more efficiently.
- To personalize the user experience – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our website.
- To improve our website – We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments – We may use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other feature – To send users information which is relevant to services that they have purchased from us.
- To send periodic emails – We may use the email address to send users information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. We may also send emails to users that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, sales and promotions, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Links to Third-Party Sites and Social Media
Social Networks and Third-Party Plug-ins
Who we share with?
Like virtually every company, we do use third party companies to provide some parts of our service, so when you are making payments for example, you will need to give your payment details to our payments provider. Rest assured the people we work with are trusted by millions and have excellent safeguards themselves.
We may also have to disclose your personal details if required by law.
If we do share your information with other organizations, we will have sharing protocols in place to ensure the organization’s compliance with local data protection laws.
We will not use your personal information for third party marketing purposes without your prior express consent.
We do not sell, trade, or rent users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information (i.e. in an anonymized form) regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
How we store information?
We take our data protection responsibility very seriously and adopt and maintain high standards in respect of handling personal information. Your personal information will only be collected if it is necessary and proportionate to do so.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our website.
Sensitive and private data exchanged between our website and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
With regard to disposal of your information, we will not hold your information for longer than we need to and when we dispose of it we will destroy paper and electronic copies in a secure way.
If you wish to see a copy of the personal data we hold about you then you can ask us at any time and we will respond within the time periods detailed in local data protection laws.
Under certain circumstances, you also have the right to:
- Right to access – You are entitled to access the personal data that we handle. You are also entitled to receive certain information about what we do with the personal data. Such information is provided in this document.
- Right to rectification – Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to correct inaccurate personal data concerning you and to have incomplete personal data completed. Please note that we might not be able to correct inaccurate personal data provided by you.
- Right to erasure – Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to have your personal data erased. This is the so-called “right to be forgotten”.
- Right to restriction of processing – Under certain circumstances, you are entitled to restrict how we use your personal data.
- Right to data portability – You are entitled to receive your personal data (or have your personal data directly transmitted to another data controller) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format from us.
Where we process your personal information because we have your consent to do so you may withdraw your consent at any time.
You can make a request in relation to any of the rights set out here by contacting Fhitting Room and using the contact details in the “Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?” section above. Alternatively, you can contact us using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
Finally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable data protection supervisory authority.
The Fhitting Room Holding Company LLC, d/b/a the Fhitting Room