Spring has sprung and we have three studios in full swing! With no signs of things slowing down, check out just ten of our past month’s FHIT highlights.
1. We’re open on the Upper West Side! Our third location, at 88th and Columbus, is shaking up the neighborhood and we couldn’t be more excited. After a weekend of sold-out sneak-peek classes, we officially opened our doors on Monday, March 20. So far - SO GOOD! We will begin offering 6AM classes on Tuesdays and Fridays starting this week, and our new schedule will continue to expand in the coming weeks.
2. Try this sweet potato pad thai recipe from Well + Good. The sweet potatoes and peanut butter are satiating and warm (not to mention delicious), and the edamame and veggies add the spring punch we’ve been missing.
3. This goop article addresses the reality of cancer, and how to try to ward off an unwanted diagnosis. Nutritionist Adam Cunliffe advises on 5 cancer-fighting foods plus what foods to avoid.
4. Wondering where your favorite trainers train? Answer: here. We are happy to be included in Well + Good’s round up of the NYC fitness studios tough enough for top trainers.
5. Four years after opening Fhitting Room, we’re thrilled to share news of the arrival of the first baby to join our FHITfamily. One of our original FHITpros, Daury Dross, and his wife Nelissa welcomed a beautiful baby boy to their family (and ours). A huge congrats to the whole Dross family! We can’t wait to have Daury back! His first class back will be 8:30am Wednesday, April 5th at our Penthouse location.
6. A study conducted by the Mayo Clinic suggests HIT may reverse the signs of aging. Yes. You heard correctly. Read more here - then sign up for your FHIX!
7. FHITpro Lacee Lazoff created a total body workout for Harper’s Bazaar. Watch the video and give it a go yourself!
8. Wellness in the Schools is paving a healthier highway for more than 50,000 public school students. See how the non-profit turns schools into a place that teaches not only math, science and literature, but also wellness.
9. A home gym used to mean a treadmill in the corner of your bedroom or living room. Today, residential buildings are acknowledging tenant’s desires for wellness and including out-of-this-world health amenities.
10. In case you missed it, we have been rolling out our trainer biopics. Watch the videos here to get to know a little more about all your favorite FHITpros. We release a new video every Friday morning at 11am.