In honor of Women’s History Month and International Women’s Day, we are proud to feature Mel, our most tenured female FHITpro, for our FHIT 5! See what she is loving and living for right now with her FHIT 5 of the moment:
Let’s start with some girlpower. Who is a woman who has inspired you?
Too many to name! Scared I would forget someone very important. I am definitely inspired by famous women in history and today, but the women who have left the biggest impressions on me are all from my personal life. My best friend, Abby, inspires me – she is an awesome mom, rocks at her job, is definitely a genius, and one of her biggest strengths may be time management – something which I am often not-so-good at. We are also super different. She is very logical and thinks things through from different perspectives, whereas I’m very emotional and tend to make impulsive decisions. I stop and ask myself “WWAD” (What Would Abby Do) at least once a day.
What is your favorite quote by an inspirational woman?
*inserts “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga lyrics*
And now for our FHIT 5:
1. Snack/Food: I eat so much roasted/charred broccoli. My fiancé and I eat a huge salad for dinner about 3 nights a week. I also have a BIG sweet tooth. Too big. I can’t remember the last time I turned away milk chocolate or any cake with chocolate frosting. OMG…yum…
2. Workout Gear: Lululemon Fast and Free tights! I have probably 60 pairs of leggings, but all I wear is the same 7 pairs of Fast and Frees over and over and over and over. I have yet to find a sports bra that I go crazy for.
3. Weekend Activity: I just got rollerblades, but so far I’m pretty bad at it and now it’s too icy/gross to really get into it. That’s one thing I’m really looking forward to practicing. I want to be a baller blader. We got a car during the pandemic, so one recent pastime is just driving around or driving to a new place to walk. I also love LoVe LOVE to cook. I’m a much better cook than I am a baker.
4. Artist or Song: I’m a diehard Lady Gaga and Miley gal. Remember those videos of Miley and Lizzo singing on their treadmills to work on their lungs/stamina? That’s pretty much me every time I workout by myself. I sing a lot and typically just imagine that I’m getting my body ready for a big world tour I’m about to go on. I love so many different kinds of music, there’s really no genre I say no to.
5. Show You’re Currently Binging/ Book You’re Reading: So glad you asked! All I watch is HGTV-type shows, and the news. I am currently binging Nate and Jeremiah by Design. I can’t stop!! They are both so talented and seem like such angels and I just love watching what they do to people’s spaces. Currently reading Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi and oof – it is just so beautiful, but often tragic. It essentially follows two bloodlines of West African families starting in the 1700s in Africa to generations later in America in today’s climate. Highly recommend!