back to Blog
Need Workout Motivation? Try These Tips
Fitness • March 24, 2021
A Harvard Health Publishing quiz listed the following reasons as common barriers to exercising:
- Lack of time
- Social Influence
- Lack of energy
- Lack of motivation
- Fear of injury
- Lack of skill
- Lack of resources
- Weather conditions
- Family obligations
- Retirement years
We decided to poll our audience and found that the #1 barrier to exercise is lack of motivation.
As a result we wanted to help spread some Monday Motivation so we asked our Instagram FHIT Fam for some ways they stay motivated to get a sweat in. We’re sharing the answers in hopes it helps you get your workout in!
Motivation Tips from our FHIT Fam:
- Sign up for LIVE! classes ahead of time so you’re already committed. You’re less likely to hit snooze when you know you’ve booked and paid for your class in advance.
- Take LIVE! Zoom Workouts because there is 2 way communication (aka the FHITpros can make sure you’re not slacking).
- Having trainers that help regress and progress movements. The more Fhitting Room classes you take, the more movements you will learn, work on, and perfect. On the flip side, if you’re new to training, Fhitting Room classes offer modifications for all fitness levels.
- Working out = mental sanity. Do it for the mental health benefits.
- Being around all the fun FHITpros!! They’ll cheer you on, laugh with you, get sassy, sing during class, and always be your #1 supporters.
- Find a workout partner to do classes with you, no matter where they are (thank you technology and virtual classes). Lucky for you, you can get paid to workout with your mains when you refer a friend.
- Music! Yes, that includes El Capitan’s 90’s beats and BLD’s singing along to his class playlist.
- Noticing results + getting stronger. Because there’s no better feeling than seeing your hard work pay off.
- New gear because sometimes new leggings or sneakers will give you that extra push you needed. You can always outFHIT yourself with the latest and greatest gear from our online store.
If you want to see all the responses, we’ve saved them on our “Motivation” story highlight for you.
. . .