back to Blog
Healthier Holiday Recipes
Wellness • January 6, 2023
When we close your eyes and think about the holidays one of the first things that comes to mind are the delicious smells of all our favorite holiday treats. To get in the spirit we’re rounding up some healthier holiday recipe ideas to inspire you this season! From better for you appetizers to desserts, there’s something for everyone. After all, what better way to show your love than with food.
- Peppermint Mocha Recipe: Skip the long line at Starbucks and make a tasty holiday drink that you can cozy up at home with. Made with only 5 simple ingredients, this recipe is a way cleaner option while still getting your holiday drink fix! The peppermint flavor will get you right in the holiday spirit.
- Whipped Feta Dip: There’s no denying that feta is having a moment right now. Although we’ve personally always loved feta, the viral TikTok recipes are finally giving it the moment it deserves. This dip is extremely quick and easy to make for a last minute holiday appetizer your guests will love. It uses greek yogurt for a lighter taste and can be served with veggies, pita, and more!
- Holiday Salad: A tasty salad is the perfect side for your holiday meal. We love that you can prepare this one ahead of time and add the dressing when ready to be served. This one combines sweet and tangy flavors that will have you wanting more.
- Mediterranean Breakfast Casserole: Open presents with a warm and wholesome breakfast casserole perfect for feeding the whole family (or if you simply want delicious leftovers to stash. You’ll get full on flavor with your fix of veggies, proteins, and carbs in this one!
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: We obviously had to include a tried and true classic on this list. These cookies are made with ingredients like chickpeas, almond butter, and oats making them a great healthier alternative without compromising that delicious taste. They’re such an easy treat to bring to your holiday party or to leave out for Santa. Warning, you might not want to share though!
- Chocolate Truffles: This recipe uses minimal ingredients and incorporates healthy fats like avocado for a well balanced treat. They’re also low in sugar and the best part is that no baking is required, you just pop them in the fridge. We recommend covering them in festive toppings like crushed candy cane or sprinkles to make them extra exciting for the holidays!
We hope you enjoy this round-up of healthier holiday treats and if you opt for the regular version that’s totally okay too! Treating yourself is always a good idea in our book. In addition to the perfect holiday recipe ideas, you can use these recipes to fuel up after your next HIIT and strength workout.