Whether you’re a current student or long-time alumni, September always feel like a month to buckle up and start fresh - and fitness is no exception. With additional classes at our Upper West Side studio and the return of one of our long-time FHITpros, this fall is the perfect opportunity to take your workouts to the next level. Keep reading to get up to speed and ready for the action-packed season ahead.
1) Tech-loving workout fiends, take note: the new Apple Watch Series 3 is tricked out with every fitness feature imaginable, including a special workout setting dedicated to high intensity interval training. SELF has the details on all of the innovative new features.
2) Need killer beats to get through the last minute of a FHIX? You’re not alone. Steve Aoki, who counts high intensity interval training as his favorite way to break a sweat, is creating music specifically designed for going full throttle during workouts. Forbes caught up with him to get all of the details.
3) Don’t let tough workouts wreak havoc on your muscles. The next time your body needs some extra TLC, try out recovery tips from this Women’s Health. Be sure to catch FHITpro (and resident pull-up queen) Lacee Lazoff’s tried and true routine for recharging.
4) File this under reason 1,000,001 to prioritize breaking a sweat: according to this New York Times article, physical activity may lower breast cancer risk. A new study examined the effects that aerobic capacity had on rats exposed to a chemical known to trigger breast cancer. The animals with higher fitness levels had a much lower rate of disease and tumor growth. Given that October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, now is the perfect time to keep up (or amp up) your FHITness routine.
5) Want to recreate a Fhitting Room class at your local gym? The next time you can’t make your usual FHIX, check out this workout FHITpros Carlos Davila and Troy Brooks created for PopSugar. The burpee EMOM at the end is no joke!
6) Afraid to take the plunge and sign up for an early morning FHIX? One Well+Good writer attempted a week of pre-sunrise workouts (including a FHIX) and shared her (mostly) positive experience with AM sweat sessions here.
7) Ready to take your #bootygains to the next level? FHITpro Melody Scharff shared some of her favorite glute toning moves with What’s Good by Vitamin Shoppe.
8) You already know hydration is a must, but what about how much and when? Greatist gets specific about when you need H20, the role diet plays in staying hydrated, and when to go easy on the water gulps.
9) Our newest FHITmama is back with a bang! Amanda returned to teaching on 9/9/17 and we couldn’t be more excited to have her on the schedule at Upper West Side and Penthouse.
10) Whether you’re a frequent FHIXer or a newbie, it never hurts to brush up on the basics. If you’re looking to have it all broken down for you, check out Byrdie to learn more about interval training and why it’s shaking up the FHITness game.