2017 is already proving, in many arenas, to be a buzzworthy year. Just four weeks in, and we are already seeing new workout trends, new healthy foods and other exciting new FHIT bits!
2. While we’re welcoming our two newest female FHITpros – let’s take the time to acknowledge them along with every other lady in this world. In the spirit of the passionate Women’s March in Washington D.C. and the Sister Marches held across the country on January 21st, we celebrated our FHIT female trainers and all they do to inspire us daily. #strongisbeautiful #womenempowerment
3. New year, new research! This New York Times article claims that, contrary to nearly everyone’s belief, running may be good for your knees.
5. Ever wonder why we build rest into our workouts or why we often emphasize a max effort in our FHIXes? SHAPE Magazine recently shared new research from Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise that supports the benefits of short bouts of high intensity training.
6. HBFit, the popular health, beauty and fitness blog by Hannah Bronfman and her team, featured FHITpro Lacee Lazoff. Check out the interview to see how Lacee fuels her body for a hard HITting FHIX and for life in general!
7. Run for Your Bun is a U.K.-based café that recently linked up with an English gym chain to become the first café that takes exercise for payment. Yes, you heard correctly – you can row row row your boat (or your erg) all the way to that grilled chicken salad. We’re crossing our fingers for Juice Press or Sweetgreen to take note.
8. Ginger, chicken noodle soup, Ricola cough drops… the list of things we try to use to cure the common cold goes on and on. But have you heard nachos can do the trick too? Nutritionist Lee Holmes told Well + Good what she eats to stave off contagious bugs.
9. Got some traveling for work coming up? FHITpro Melody Scharff wrote a full body workout for Well + Good that any boutique fitness class junkie will be able to HIT at any big-box gym.
10. We are feeling the FHIT love this month! Bloomberg Pursuits named us in a list of Cult Gyms Where New Yorkers are Shredding Their Bodies Right Now and The Wall Street Journal featured FHIXtreme at Fhitting Room as a fitness “Class Too Tough for Most Mortals”.