1. First FHIX experience?
Before I left for Minneapolis to work for Steel Under Armour, I promised Julia I would take her first instructor class with Daury. She tried to kill me.
2. Personal theme song?
“Lose Yourself” by Eminem
3. Who is your FHITspiration?
4. Celebrity doppelgänger?
5. Celebrity you would love to train and why?
Jake Gyllenhall because I worked with him for his upcoming boxing movie "Southpaw" and he's incredibly hard working and humble.
6. Favorite guilty pleasure?
7. What is it about group fitness?
I love seeing everyone working as one and pushing each other for their own personal goals
8. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A history teacher and coach
9. Your favorite book?
The Art of War- Sun Tzu
10. Perfect Sunday afternoon activity?
Getting in a good WOD (workout of the day) and watching football
11. Most challenging exercise movement and why?
Man Makers - This complex/compound exercise tests your strength, core, stability, endurance, and mental toughness. It is a total full body exercise that will leave you breathing hard, sweaty, and sore! I love me some man makers!
12. Food you can’t live without?
13. What food you always have in your fridge?
Turkey burgers and kale
14. Favorite sneaker brand?
Reebook because I CrossFit and they fit me well
15. Your biggest accomplishment?
Fighting at Madison Square Garden 3 times, once as a professional and twice as an amateur in the golden gloves finals (both wins!)
16. Best vacation you have ever taken?
I loved visiting Puerto Rico, I really got to know and understand my heritage and how Puerto Ricans came to be. I'm a history fanatic. On to Italy this summer!
17. Favorite athlete?
18. Who you would love to meet and have dinner with?
Dana White from the UFC- just to pick his brain on how he took the UFC from the small stage to the Grand stage, the trials and tribulations on his journey and if he ever envisioned it to be what it is now.
19. Favorite quote?
Don't give up. Don't EVER give up - Jimmy V
20. Favorite type of food?
I love Spanish food, specifically Puerto Rican. Also have a soft spot for Italian food.
21. Story on your tattoos?
It's tough to explain all of my tattoos, but each has important significance in my life.