Whether you’re traveling for the summer season or you just can’t make it to the gym this week, this at-home HIIT workout from Greatist will make sure you get your reps in no matter where you are. The bodyweight workout requires no equipment and should take a total of 24 minutes. That means you have no excuses!
Complete as many rounds of the following circuit as possible in 6 minutes. Then, rest for 2 minutes. Repeat the 6-minute circuit, with rests, a total of 3 times.
1. Begin in a standing position.
2. Quickly move into a squatting position, with your hands on the ground in front of you.
3. Kick your feet back into a plank position, lowering your chest to the ground.
4. Push yourself back up to plank position.
5. Jump your feet back into the squatting position.
6. Jump up from the squat position and clap your hands above your head.
7. Repeat for 10 counts.
1. Stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips and toes pointed outward about 5 degrees.
2. Choose a spot on the wall (or mirror) in front of you. Keep your eyes on that spot throughout the movement to prevent you from looking down at your feet.
3. Place your arms out in front of you, or hold your hands close to your chest.
4. Breathe in, bend at the hip, pushing your butt back, and begin to lower your butt towards the ground.
5. Ensuring you’re pushing your weight into your heels, keep your back straight and your chest up.
6. As you lower yourself, make sure your knees remain in line with your feet.
7. Pull yourself back up to standing position, while exhaling.
8. Repeat for 20 counts.
20 Skater’s Lunge (10 per leg)
1. Start with your feet as wide apart as you can comfortably stand.
2. Bend your knees about 30 degrees.
3. Slowly push your body towards the right, without moving your feet, so you transfer the weight of your body into your right foot.
4. Without adjusting your footing, slowly bring your body back towards the left, transferring the weight into your left foot.
5. Repeat for 20 counts.
10 Dive Bomber Push-Ups
1. Get on all fours on the floor with your feet hip-width apart and hands shoulder-width apart.
2. Push your hips as high as possible so that you resemble an inverted V.
3. Keep your back flat and your knees unlocked. Ensure you are up on your toes.
4. Lower your shoulders and begin to glide your chest forward, bringing it between your hands and up toward the ceiling.
5. Keep your hips about 2-3 inches off the floor.
6. Reverse the move, bringing your hips back toward the ceiling so you return to an inverted V.
7. Repeat for 10 reps.
Photo via Greatist
Looking for more do-anywhere workouts? Look no further.