Take a look at ten of our favorite health and wellness moments of September 2016.
1. Everyone knows that post-workout protein is necessary for building a FHIT body, but what should you eat when you HIT it so hard that your muscles are not only stronger, but also oh-so-sore? The Cheat Sheet recommends these 6 foods that can soothe sore muscles.
2. New Yorkers will never (ever ever) break their coffee habit, but we have seen a big spike in popularity for matcha, the antioxidant-packed green tea. You’ll find the best matcha NYC has to offer on this list including lattes, cappuccinos and cookies!
3. Want to find your Zen while watching your favorite football team play? Now you can purchase a $1000 yoga mat made of the same leather as NFL footballs.
4. As much as we all love a good ol’ bag of chips or box of gluten-free crackers, we know they aren’t the healthiest snack option, nor will they keep us feeling alert throughout the workday. Chalkboard Magazine worked with a nutritionist to round up the 7 best healthy snacks for work.
5. Searching for the perfect protein powder? Follow this infographic for some guidance on which option will work best for you.
6. Dining out can often mean eating meals that are calorically dense but lacking in nutrition. Some chefs are fighting these standards and using their kitchens to serve up not only some of the tastiest, but also some of the healthiest dishes in restaurants.
7. New York City developers have taken note of just how much people are willing to spend on wellness. Read on to see which luxury residential buildings provide the most out-of-this-world health and wellness amenities.
8. Eat. Sleep. Get FHIT. Repeat. It’s easy to fall into the go-hard-or-go-home mindset, but recovery and renewal are just as important for living your FHITtest life. Read these ultra-athletes stories of staying motivated and avoiding burnout.
9. Check out the best ways to treat your body – inside and out – after a tough workout.
10. Apple released the latest version of the Apple Watch, and fitness is one of the gadget’s main focuses.