Summer seems to have flown by and now fall is in full swing. We've recapped some of September's best moments below:
1. FHITpro, Dennys, and FHITmom-to-be, Stephanie, teamed up with What to Expect to show expecting mothers how to modify their workouts during pregnancy. Check out the videos here on Dennys’ Instagram.
2. More times to get FHIT in Flatiron: Break up with waitlists and make a date with our FHITpit! Our Flatiron studio has added new Signature FHIX class times at peak-hours in our downstairs “FHITpit “ studio. For those who need to HIT it and dash, we’re offering a 12:30pm quickFHIX on Thursdays or if you’re looking to take your FHIX to the next level, try our FHIXtreme class on Thursdays at 6:30am and Saturdays at 11:30am. Book your FHIX here.
4. El Capitán, Eric, and FHITpro, Julia, found themselves in the pages of a couple of their favorite magazines! Eric gave guys some words of wisdom on group fitness in Men’s Fitness, and Julia shared one of her favorite kettlebell workouts with Muscle and Fitness Hers.
5. Everlast named FHITpro, Java, as 2015’s Face of Greatness! Way to go, Java!
7. We’re full-on nerding out over this! Researchers have found that during exercise a molecule created by muscle “speaks” to bone to increase bone mass. That means that every FHIX is not only strengthening your muscles, but perhaps your bones too!
8. We might be mourning the end of summer, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t psyched for fall. The return of all of our favorite autumnal flavors has us pretty pumped. Check out Well + Good’s list of the 7 best superfood smoothies to sip for a healthy fall.
10. On to October! We are teaming up with the Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation and The Tracy Anderson Method to raise awareness and funds to help prevent and cure breast cancer. When you get your FHIX this October, you will notice some of our favorite signature workout accessories have gone pink, and we will be selling “I #liveFHIT to cure” pink bracelets for $3 each, with 100% of the proceeds going to BCRF. We are even throwing in our green towels twice weekly to make room for pink ones and invite you to sweat it out in pink throughout the month.