For our entire FHITfam this April has been a total whirlwind. We don’t know if it’s a planetary retrograde to blame or what, but –exhaustion aside – it’s been a great month for FHITness. Check out ten of our favorite wellness moments.
1. With summer vacations just around the corner, road trips and airplane travel pose a threat to even the most wholesome diets. If there’s one guide to healthy fast food options that we are going to trust, you better believe it’s this one from Gwyneth Paltrow’s goop – the virtuoso of clean eats.
2. When it comes to fitness and fashion, if you thought a sporty strap on your Apple Watch was as cool as it can get, you are sorely mistaken. Check out this roundup from The Chalkboard Mag of the most fashionable collaborations in wellness.
3. It’s hard to deny the temptation induced by all the packaged goodies at any grocery store, but when you’re shopping at Whole Foods it’s an entirely different story. Not only do all the packages suck you in, but they also convince you they’re healthy! Luckily for all of us, SELF Magazine asked nutritionists to divulge the 11 best packaged snack options at Whole Foods.
4. We are excited to welcome our newest FHITpro, Troy Brooks to our FHITfam! Come HIT IT with this brunch loving, kettlebell swinging FHITpro! If you haven’t met him yet, HIT up his bio here to learn how this fashion and entertainment guy made the switch to immerse himself in all things health and wellness. Find out his approach to training from the “neck up” and how a positive outlook can lead you to not only accomplishing your fitness goals but crushing life.
5. One of the most versatile ingredients in a healthy diet? A chicken breast. PureWow gave readers 13 easy meal-prep lunches you can make with a chicken breast.
6. We have found the fountain of youth, and it’s located right here in every FHIX! FHITpro Dara Theodore discussed how HIIT can help with anti-aging on the cellular level with the New York Post.
7. New York City is home to over 25,000 restaurants, and lately, many of the newer establishments are providing wellness-centric menus. Well + Good created this guide to healthy eats in NYC to help you navigate your way through the cornucopia of choices.
8. Jane Brody of the NY Times wrote about a new study of an indigenous South American tribe with clean arteries and their healthy habits that we could all learn from.
9. Drake has been doing a LOT of work (work work work work) on his physical fitness and it shows! His trainer shared some of their training secrets with GQ and, as no surprise to us, they focus on functional fitness and overall training much more than bodybuilding alone.
10. April 6th was World Physical Activity Day and it did not go unnoticed by Twitter. Health.com rounded up some of the best FHITspirational tweets and gifs of the day.