Meet our newest FHITpro, Andrew! Andrew is a lifelong athlete and a highly credentialed personal trainer. He's passionate about helping people break down their barriers and discover their true potential. Learn more about Andrew with his 21 Questions!
1. First FHIX experience?
It was a Saturday morning on the Upper East Side and the energy was high. I was challenged the whole time, and impressed with the attentiveness of the coaches. I felt I got everything—strength, endurance, high impact—all in less than an hour.
2. Who is your FHITspiration?
Mike Barwis—he is a strength and conditioning coach that specializes in training professional athletes. He’s so good that people come to him from all over. What’s better is he keeps his family involved and remains humble despite all his success.
3. Personal theme song?
I don’t know if it’s my theme song, but I play it so much. Growin’ Up by Bruce Springsteen.
4. Celebrity doppelgänger?
Chris Evans, or so I’m told!
5. Favorite guilty pleasure?
Any Disney movie that you probably stopped watching before high school.
6. What is it about group fitness?
Group fitness allows everyone involved to feel their best while contributing to a common goal. Everyone is competitive to some degree, so being part of a team or an individual in a group class, you can’t help but do more than you would at a typical gym.
7. Post-workout snack?
Peanut butter and apples
8. What is your sign? Do you read your horoscope?
Libra, and occasionally when it sounds relevant.
9. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
10. Perfect Sunday afternoon activity?
Being on a boat off the coast of New Jersey.
11. Best advice you ever received?
Believe people when they show you who they are the first time.
12. Most challenging exercise movement?
Dual dumbbell overhead squat
13. Food you can’t live without?
Eggs or peanut butter
14. Your biggest accomplishment?
Honestly, it’s being able to happily go to work whether it’s a Sunday or a Friday and truly believe that where I am is the best place to be.
15. Favorite sneaker brand?
16. What’s something someone would never guess about you?
I do at least one crossword puzzle a day.
17. Favorite athlete?
18. What is your favorite movie?
19. Favorite candy?
20. If you could describe yourself with 1 emoji what would it be?
The 💯 emoji
21. Go-to karaoke song?
I’ve always been partial to Billy Joel…