Hoping to squeeze a workout into your jam packed schedule but don’t have time for a post-workout shower or styling session between work, your social agenda, and family commitments? We spoke to GLAMSQUAD'S Creative Director Giovanni Vaccaro, who shared his top two quick fixes to freshen and revive strands post-workout.
1. Dry Shampoo To Counter Post Workout Lifeless + Oily Hair
Oil typically builds up on the roots first, causing strands to look weighed down or flat. To combat oily hair or give texture to lifeless locks, dry shampoo is a quick and easy fix. My go-to is the powder bluff by Kerastase. Make sure to spray at an arm's distance on the roots first while lifting hair. When looking for added volume and texture, flip your head over and spray through the ends. Keep a travel-sized bottle of dry shampoo in your bag and use post-workout.
2. Fishtail Braid
The fishtail braid (GLAMSQUAD's FREE SPIRIT) hides dirty hair and looks elaborate, but is surprisingly easy to execute. The braid can be achieved in just four steps.
1. Either part hair in the center or the side and separate in two sections.
2. Start by pulling a strand of hair from the outside left side over the left section and under the right section.
3. Repeat on the outside right side and then continue alternating sides moving in and weaving over and under. Feel free to take thinner or thicker strands of hair to give the braid a messier, tousled look.
4. Once you get to the bottom of the braid, tie with an elastic. It’s always easier to create a tighter braid and then loosen the strands once you’re finished for that effortlessly-glam appearance.
Haven’t heard about GLAMSQUAD yet? They bring beauty to you, in the comfort of your own home, office, or wherever else you happen to be, making getting ready relaxing, not taxing. So, now you have time to get your FHIX, and get glam too!