We’re celebrating Earth Day 2021 by sharing everyday ways you can make a difference in the fitness space. From the clothes you wear to the gear you use, even the smallest changes can go a long way in helping to protect our planet. If you know us, green is more than just our signature color. It’s associated with positive emotions and spurs people to strive for improvement. Here are some ways to live an even more green and eco friendly lifestyle:
Sustainable Workout Gear
- Your Activewear can be both stylish and sustainable when you shop these brands:
- Girlfriend Collective (made from recycled materials such as old plastic bottles, fishing nets and other waste) + Outdoor Voices (which uses sustainable fabrics)both have trendy workout sets that will give you all the motivation to wake up and work out. They also double as adorable athleisure to hit the town in. The perfect from-workout-to-brunch attire. They also come in recycled packaging.
- Summer Salt sells must-have basics + statement leggings made from recycled water bottles. There’s nothing better than clothes that makes you feel good while doing good.
- Adidas has pledged to end plastic waste and end climate change with their promise to use 100% recycled polyester in all items by 2024.
- Adidas and Nike both have sneakers made from reclaimed materials such as recycled polyester and foam.
- We may be biased given our 💚 for the color green, but Adidas has also made the iconic Stan Smith sneakers inspired by Kermit the Frog, even more sustainable with recycled materials.
- Say no to plastic with reusable water bottles. Did you know humans purchase 1,000,000 plastic bottles per minute and by using a reusable bottle you could save 156 plastic bottles a year? In need of one? We’ve got you covered with our Fhitting Room insulated, stainless steel bottles, currently Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off for Earth Day*. Plus, carrying your water bottle around at all times is the perfect reminder to stay hydrated!
- Yes, even your yoga mats can be made from sustainable materials. Try this one from Luluemon or all the mats at Manduka are eco-friendly and biodegradable and available in fun colors and patterns.
Spring Cleaning but Make it Sustainable
- Recycle your old sneakers at any of these places. Nike also has their Reuse a Shoe program.
- Does your spring cleaning include workout apparel that’s still in good condition? You can always donate your pieces to a local shop to prevent them from ending up in landfills and give them a new life. Here are a few shelters that accept donations:
Green Workout Hacks
- Skip the drive and exercise straight from your home. You can join a killer bodyweight or equipment class with our LIVE! virtual at-home workouts; no fossil fuels needed, just some gas in your tank to power through your sweat sesh. .
- Burpees before brunch? Forego using plastic bags for your sweaty clothes and use a reusable pouch instead.
- Shortening your post-workout shower by just 2 minutes can save around 10 gallons of water per day!
We’d love to hear your tips for living a more sustainable lifestyle too. Let us know on Instagram where we’ll be asking our followers so we can share them with our FHIT family as well.